Zoe S. Martinez
Health Care Industry
Employment and Labor Law
Zoe practices in the area of employment law with focus on employee benefits and health care law. Her contributions include counseling employers on legal compliance and risk avoidance, benefits, litigation, as well as drafting agreements, handbooks, and other documents. Zoe has a special interest in the emerging compliance issues associated with the ongoing implementation of health care reform.
While in law school, she was a Judicial Extern for the Honorable David W. McKeague, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and an Extern for Brett N. Rodgers, Chapter 13 Trustee for the Western District of Michigan. Zoe also assisted organizations as a Resident Clinician at the MSU Small Business and Non-profit Law Clinic.
Zoe's law school accomplishments also include the Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Research, Writing and Advocacy II and the Small Business and Non-Profit Law Clinic I.
- Michigan State University, College of Law, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2011
- Calvin College, Bachelor of the Arts - Political Science, 2007
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Legal Alert: Minimum Wage Increase Coming in September 2014
- Legal Alert: ACA Employer Mandate Delayed Again for Some Employers
- Legal Alert: NLRB Posting Requirement Delayed Indefinitely
- Legal Alert: October 1-ACA Reminder for Michigan Employers
- Legal Alert: DOMA - A Reminder for Michigan Employers
- Legal Alert: ACA Update-Employer Mandate Postponed
- Legal Alert: Affordable Care Act Update
- Legal Alert: Update Your FMLA Policy and Poster
- Legal Alert: Is your social media policy working against you?
- Affordable Care Act Basics: What Health Care Reform Means for Your Business (presented to Grand Rapids Builder's Exchange)
- Obama and Oatmeal: A Road Map for Identifying Risks and Avoiding Employer Penalties under the Affordable Care Act
- Navigating the ACA: A Road Map for Identifying Risks and Avoiding Penalties under the Affordable Care Act (presented at MSU Agriculture Expo and Michigan Society of Professional Surveyors Annual Meeting)
- HIPAA Refresher: A Review of the Law, Recent Changes and Strategies for Compliance
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- American Bar Association