Michael C. Walton
Business & Corporate Law
Real Estate Law
Mike has extensive experience in complex construction litigation, construction liens, title insurance, real estate and business litigation. In 2005, he successfully argued a case before the United States Supreme Court and is a member of the Rhoades McKee Construction Law and Real Estate Practice Groups.
He is a certified facilitative mediator in various Michigan State Courts; an Arbitrator; a Case Evaluator in both Kent County, Michigan and in the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan; and was a member of the faculty for the Hillman Advocacy Program. He is a former East Grand Rapids City Commissioner, and he was President of the Grand Rapids Bar Association from 1999-2000.
Mike is an adjunct instructor at the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, has provided instruction at the Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the National Business Institute and as part of the Continuing Legal Education Program for the Grand Rapids Bar Association.
In his spare time, he enjoys running, hiking, kayaking, college basketball and travel.
Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor
Michigan State University
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers of America®, Bet the Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation & Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Leading LawyersSM
- Grand Rapids Magazine, Best Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell, Highest AV®Preeminent Rating
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Member and Former President (1999-2000)
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- United States Supreme Court Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Land Title Association, Member
- First Hand Aid, President Board of Directors
- City Commissioner, City of East Grand Rapids, 1989-1997
- Kent County Community Health Board, Member 1997-2000