Patrick B. Ellis
Patrick focuses his practice in the areas of medical malpractice and general litigation. Over the course of his career, he has represented numerous health care professionals and institutions in the defense of complex and high exposure medical malpractice claims. He has handled nursing, psychology, internal medicine, gastroenterology, urology, neurosurgery and birth trauma cases, to name a few. Patrick's experience also extends to civil rights, commercial, real estate and probate litigation matters.
Patrick has spoken to various medical and legal professional groups. He has given a presentation regarding the intricacies of medical malpractice cases and has published articles on medical malpractice and e-discovery.
Prior to joining Rhoades McKee, Patrick was an associate principal with Kitch Drutchas Wagner Valitutti & Sherbrook. He served as a Law Clerk at the offices of William H. Hunter, before he was admitted to the bar.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Juris Doctor, 2004
Kalamazoo College, Bachelor of the Arts –Philosophy and Sociology, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology: CALI Award Recipient – Secured Transactions
- Kalamazoo College: Hodge Prize – Philosophy Award; Deans List; Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Honor Roll Athlete and All-Conference Honorable Mention
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Society of Hospital Risk Management, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan