This conference will explore aspects of legal and practical issues that arise as people age including estate planning essentials, caregiver collective, Medicaid planning and pitfalls, and current topics in elder law. Presenters will identify differences between wills and trusts, how to avoid legal entanglements with your family, differences between Power of Attorney and Patient Advocate, collecting financial information and process for applying for Medicaid. In addition, presenters will identify complex legal issues including competency, family dynamics, and access to community resources.
- Identifying challenging legal issues within the aging population.
- Review legal and practical aspects of planning including addressing competency and surrogate decision makers, estate planning, and apply for Medicaid.
- Network with professional and family caregivers.
- 5.5 Social Work continuing education credits awarded. No partial credits available.
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC-0047.
- Social workers, nurses, care managers and other professional and family caregivers.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Breakfast & Lunch Provided
Postma Center at Pine Rest | 300 68th Street SE, Grand Rapids MI 49548Register Here More Event Posts