This conference explores the legal and practical issues that arise as people age, including how to identify differences between wills and trusts, avoid legal entanglements with family, differences between Power of Attorney and Patient Advocate, the process of applying for Medicaid, and access to community resources. Social workers, nurses, nursing home administrators, care managers, professional and family caregivers will benefit the most from attending this free informational seminar.
- Identify challenging legal issues within the aging population.
- Review legal and practical aspects of planning including addressing competency and surrogate decision-makers, estate planning and apply for Medicaid.
- Network with professional and family caregivers.
- Scott Halstead, PhD, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- Christopher Becker, Prosecuting Attorney, Kent County
- Stephanie Myott-Beebe, Probate & Estate Planning, Rhoades McKee
- John Klees, Estate Planning, Rhoades McKee
- Katie Aguilar, Susan Meier, Cathy Metzler & Laurie Murphy, Elder Law, Miller Johnson
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- Miller Johnson
- Rhoades McKee
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
8:00 AM | Registration
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM | Conference
Pine Rest Postma Center | 300 – 68th Street SE, Grand Rapids
5.0 Social Work CE Credits | *No partial credits available
No Charge. Continental Breakfast & Lunch ProvidedRegister Now More Event Posts