Terry L. Zabel
Business & Corporate Law
Financial Dispute Resolution
Terry specializes in business, bankruptcy and tax law. Before joining the firm sixteen years ago, Terry represented the United States Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service. Terry frequently practices in Bankruptcy Court, Federal District Court, United States Tax Court and the Michigan Tax Tribunal. He is experienced in Local, State and Federal tax controversies and planning.
He is admitted to the Michigan and Indiana Bars and practices before State and Federal Agencies and Courts.
Terry has successfully resolved criminal and civil tax disputes, bankruptcy matters, and creditor/debtor issues.
Valparaiso University, Juris Doctor
University of Michigan, Bachelor of the Arts
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers of America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights
- Michigan's Law and Politics, Super Lawyers
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Former Chair, Business and Tax Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Tax Section
- University of Michigan Club of Grand Rapids, Board Member
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee