David E. Bevins
Financial Dispute Resolution
Real Estate Law
David assists businesses and banks in their counseling and litigation needs. He has helped his clients navigate complex commercial transactions, both to facilitate the transaction on the front-end, and to provide solutions when problems occur. David frequently appears in all state and federal courts including bankruptcy courts. He has also assisted clients seeking to assert or protect their Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) rights.
David is the Chair of the Firm’s Financial Institutional Services practice group. He is also committed to the West Michigan community by serving as a Trustee of the Grand Rapids Bar Association, President of the St. Thomas the Apostle Pastoral Council, and on a number of smaller, school/sports-related boards.
Prior to joining Rhoades McKee, David worked for the Michigan Court of Appeals for three years, including serving as the clerk for the Honorable Janet T. Neff.
Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1993
Western Michigan University, Bachelor of the Arts, cum laude, 1990
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Member
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Trustee
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Social Interaction Committee Chair
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section President 1998-1999
- Justice Foundation of West Michigan, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- West Michigan Legal Aid Pro Bono Program, Member
- Federal Bar Association of Western District of Michigan
- Catholic Lawyers Association, Vice President
- Verso l’ Alto Ministries, Board Member
- East Grand Rapids Wrestling Board, President
- St. Thomas Apostle Parish Council, President